After 2.5 months away from home, I think I am ready to share some of my experiences here at LGO.
There are a few moments in your life that you know that from that moment on, life will never be the same. May 13Th was one of these days - I left my home country, Israel, to an unknown length of time, letting the opportunities lead me. Saying goodbye to my family and friends, quitting work, moving out of one of the best cities, in the world, selling my car - As hard as it is, I know it's one of my best decisions ever.
So, What is LGO?
LGO ( Leaders for Global Operations) is a dual degree in MBA and Masters in Engineering program at MIT. By the name, it's easy to spot it's a program focused in operations but what does it really mean? I hope I can help you understand that in my future postings.
On June 1st, I met my 47 classmates for the next 2 years and hopefully they will remain my friends for life. We broke into our summer teams, 6 at each team, and had an orientation
week to get to know one another. At that point, we didn't fully understand what summer teams mean. It was a bit too abstract to me what we were going to do together, but I discovered that pretty fast.
week to get to know one another. At that point, we didn't fully understand what summer teams mean. It was a bit too abstract to me what we were going to do together, but I discovered that pretty fast.When I was in the military, we used to say that everyday passes slowly but the weeks fly by. 9 years later, I feel the exact same way. I can't believe half the summer already went by.
Days are very busy, studying as early as 8am (it's quite hard for me, as I am far from the morning type person) till late afternoon. Afterwards, we usually meet with our teams and do group projects, homework or case studies. The day is not over because we usually have individual work and then we need to read and read and read..
But don't think I am complaining. I am enjoying every minute of it. School has never been more interesting. And the best part is that somehow, we manage to find time to do some fun class activities. I can start by saying that I had many first American traditions: Baseball game, 4Th of July, Monday's 10 wings for $1, pub crawls ( we don't that in Israel) and many more.

There is so much more going on, I can't even grasp it. I will try to cover more in my next post
No comments:
Post a Comment