Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Breath of Fresh Air

It's been hard to find a moment to write since fall semester has begun. So much has been happening, and I cannot believe that midterms have already passed ( 3 out of 5 at least).

I think I will try and write shorter posts and share every time a different aspect of the fall semester ( maybe this way I would post more frequently and get to talk about everything)

This week is SIP week (Sloan Innovation Period). During this week we don't have regular classes but instead we attend workshops on different topics. This year all first years were requires to take "Ethics, Values and Voice" where we discussed Ethical Dilemmas in the Business world; BP spill, The financial Crisis and Biases in the workplace.

My most enjoyable time during the weeks that passed was the leadership seminar I am taking. The first 3 sessions, we discussed the roles of a leader , the traits and the mantras to be a successful leader in our lives. Since then and till the end of the semester, a different speaker joins us ( usually an LGO alumni) and we discuss life post LGO. How to follow your passion, How to perceive ourselves and help bring opportunities closer to our door and how to balance work/ Life. These discussions are refreshing because we have the chance to talk on a personal level with people that have followed their dreams, have reached greatness and faced the basic questions each one of us has.The picture is from the first seminar when Ruthie Davis came along with the shoes she designed.

If you are thinking of applying to LGO, I strongly recommend you join the Ambassador Day, October 25th. It's a good opportunity to learn about the program, meet the people and get the great atmosphere that is all around. http://lgo-blog.mit.edu/2010/09/lgo-ambassador-day-and-information.html

Hoping that next time will be sooner than later

No comments:

Post a Comment