September is here and I think it's my favorite time of the year. The scent of new beginnings is all around. A new year is approaching and it's a time for reflection on yourself, what have you done, where are you heading, what have you learned and where your beloveds are. If I were in Israel, people would great each other with Happy new years and wish for a better year than the previous one.It so happens that this year Rosh Rashana ( the Jewish New Year) falls on the day I am officially starting my MBA classes at Sloan. I admit I have the same excitement I had when I was a kid as school started. Getting to know new people, not knowing where this fall will lead me and trying to gain as many possibilities as I can from being in one the most innovated and advanced institutes around the world.
So here is what I do know...
After spending the summer with 47 LGO classmates, all of us were divided to 6 different cohorts, and mixed up in to new teams with other MBA students. From now on, we will be taking the majority of our classes in these cohorts. All of a sudden we are interacting with people who are not engineers.... (my classmate Chris describes it well ). The rest of the classes are different for each student depending on their engineering departments
The classes I am taking at this Fall are:
Analysis for Business Decisions, Communication for Leaders, Organizational Processes, Financial Accounting and Finance Theory.
I am taking another elective called Power and negotiation, one engineering course Logistics system and 2 seminars: Proseminar in Manufacturing and one more Leadership Seminar.
Other that than that there are many uncertainties.
For this new year I wish myself to get out of my comfort zone, experience challenges, meet new people and try to learn as much as I can from them, help others where my expertise lies, manage my time efficiently, make the most of every situation and grow as a person, a friend and a leader.
I wish everyone a great sweet new year. Make the most of every day, dare and challenge yourself. I wish health, love, contentment, happiness, and if I am getting this corny, peace.
Shana Tova
Limor
No comments:
Post a Comment