
My internship topic is for sure an exciting one. Demand Planning in the Retail Channel. It's been only a week and I have already been exposed to various parts of the organization. Everyone has been very friendly and open to give me a clear understanding of the processes that I am set to improve. This project will allow me to gain a better perspective of the market, the challenges that surround it and also a way to practice what I have learned at MIT for the past year.
After a year being in Cambridge with the LGO class, it is strange to away from everyone and communicating only by random emails, but I am sure we would all get a chance to explore the rest of the country visiting other classmates.
I am lucky to be here in Austin with one other classmate Bryan Drake since I know no one else out here. We hope to get acquainted with other MBA's who are doing their internship here as well as LGO alums. Last night we had our first event with the other interns. we went to see a concert " Earth, Wind and fire" - a first of many other concerts I hope to see here in the LIVE music city. This week we are also scheduled to have lunch with the LGO Alums so I eager to hear their experiences at Dell and LGO. We also each have an LGO mentor to guide us here through our internship so it's good to know we have all the support we may need.
Meanwhile, I am trying to catch up on my tan here ( It's 36 degrees Celsius! ) ans also familiarize with the area. I have already understood why the call Austin weird. We went out to the Bike Rally the other day and I was in for a cultural shock:)
Hope to update more on my adventures in Texas.
you have events with other interns? jealous.
ReplyDelete