Wow, Who would have thought that two years will past this quickly.
I have to admit it's been a fast train since internship has ended back in December.
Recruiting during the end of the fall took a lot of time and effort but I was very happy how many resources we had through LGO. One of my researches through an LGO Alum, led me to an internship during January at Tesla Motors. My three and half weeks there were another exciting leadership opportunity. I was out on the floor helping with whatever came up and led recommendation for balancing the line. This experience made me realize I want to have more hands on experience on the floor, and I have decided to take a full time position with Amazon in their Pathways Leadership program. I will start in a fulfillment center in Phoenix as an operations manager where I will be a front line manager and then later transit to leading other area managers and at the end be a senior operations manager. Six of my classmates are heading to Amazon and it will be great to keep sharing experiences together and join the large LGO alumni network at Amazon.
This past semester I spent most of my
weekends working on my thesis yet tried my best to spend any free time
with my classmates. This includes a trip during spring break to China
and Japan and the grand finale: a sailing trip to British Virgin
Islands. Each year Sloan students take a one week trip sailing in the
BVI. This year there were about 20 boats ( the most ever), 3 of which
were all LGO boats. This was an amazing chance to relax and spend
quality time with my friends. This was the first in a long time where I
was completely disconnected from reality ( No cell, email, FB).
The fun is not stopping as I am heading for a trip as tour guide in Israel with 8 of my classmates and then a short trip to Europe.
I am officially an MIT graduate with two masters degrees! This has been amazing ride and I know that I am a different person than I was two years ago. I have opened my eyes to the world and understand more about other industries and cultures. What is more important is that I relearned how to work in a team the significance of strong leadership wherever you go.
Thank you my LGO classmates for making this the best I could have hoped for. I will cherish the moments we had and will try my best to keep in touch because friendships like these are rare and unique. This experience has been one of the best in my life.
I have to admit it's been a fast train since internship has ended back in December.
Recruiting during the end of the fall took a lot of time and effort but I was very happy how many resources we had through LGO. One of my researches through an LGO Alum, led me to an internship during January at Tesla Motors. My three and half weeks there were another exciting leadership opportunity. I was out on the floor helping with whatever came up and led recommendation for balancing the line. This experience made me realize I want to have more hands on experience on the floor, and I have decided to take a full time position with Amazon in their Pathways Leadership program. I will start in a fulfillment center in Phoenix as an operations manager where I will be a front line manager and then later transit to leading other area managers and at the end be a senior operations manager. Six of my classmates are heading to Amazon and it will be great to keep sharing experiences together and join the large LGO alumni network at Amazon.
![]() |
| The LGO Ladies and Andrea |
The fun is not stopping as I am heading for a trip as tour guide in Israel with 8 of my classmates and then a short trip to Europe.
I am officially an MIT graduate with two masters degrees! This has been amazing ride and I know that I am a different person than I was two years ago. I have opened my eyes to the world and understand more about other industries and cultures. What is more important is that I relearned how to work in a team the significance of strong leadership wherever you go.
Thank you my LGO classmates for making this the best I could have hoped for. I will cherish the moments we had and will try my best to keep in touch because friendships like these are rare and unique. This experience has been one of the best in my life.
| LGO 2012 Graduation BBQ |

No comments:
Post a Comment