Many unknowns with this process. Where? What company? How can you make something within 6 months? are you going to be alone there? Life always has surprises for you and things just work out
One thing to know is that there is plenty of support during this experience:
MIT Advisors - Each intern, has 2 faculty advisors during the internship. One from Sloan and one from Engineering. You can reach out with any academic questions and they come on- site at least once to meet your supervisors and discuss your project.
LGO Alumni - These partner companies have LGO Alums that really care about your project. We have an LGO mentor in the company that we meet on a regular base and can discuss out project, get advice and learn more about the company.
Supervisors - The long relationship with LGO allows many people know about the program and think highly of it. There are several people across the organization that have an interest in my project and guide me through it.
LGO Staff - Going away for a long period, moving you stuff, moving back, coming back to Boston for a week in September for Mid-stream and then in November for recruiting requires a lot of logistics. The LGO staff has been extremely supportive in answering questions, helping with reimbursements and preparing us for recruiting week ( we see how that goes this week). Also, while looking at my internship from the 3 lens analysis, I realized there are many challenges and I wanted to discuss it with an outsider. I reached out to our Leadership Prof. ans she took the time to listen to me and give me advice on how to move forward.
I miss the rest of my class and we try to be in touch since we are each going through the same experience and many of our projects are similar even if they are in different industries.
Today I am leaving to Boston, for recruiting week. I am not sure what I am more nervous about. Snow in Boston or interviews...
Wish me luck
-Limor
No comments:
Post a Comment